Subject: Re: Need Info on this Apple Printer

From: Andrew Szafran <[email-masked]>
Date: 26 Jan 1997 04:47:25 GMT

[email-masked] wrote:
: I have an Apple dot matrix printer, model A9M0305. Obviously an old
: model printer, I could use additional info about it. The cable that came
: with has a DB 25 pin TYPE connector with only 13 pins on each end. When
: attached to a PC serial port, the print head jumped back and forth along
: the carriage in one inch strokes. When attached to a parallel port, the
: computer did not recognize the printer. I don't see how to attach this
: printer to an Apple port with the type of connector on the printer. If
: you have any information on this printer, please email me, and thank you
: in advance.

: CH

These printers use the old Apple][/][+/unenhanced ][e serial ports --
25-pin female at the computer.  You need to look up the pins of both a PC
(or Mac, or whatever you are using) and build a cable by connecting the
appropriate pins (I do not know if you need to cross-over xmit and recv).
If you have a Mac with an 8-pin serial port, Apple used to (and still may)
sell a 25 to 8 pin printer cable.

					Andrew
					[email-masked]

Good luck!  I used to have an Imagewriter with a 25-pin plug.  I used it
with a ][c (5-pin serial port [!]) and a ][gs (8-pin old-Mac style port).
It blew up (literally -- the print head started shooting sparks and
flames) about three years ago (sob, weep, cry, snuffle).